Data Protection Policy
Pipeline Solutions NI Ltd.
- Personal data is information about a person which is identifiable as being about them. It can be stored electronically or on paper, and includes images and audio recordings as well as written information.
- Data protection is about how we, as an organisation, ensure we protect the rights and privacy of individuals, and comply with the law, when collecting, storing, using, amending, sharing, destroying or deleting personal data.
- Overall and final responsibility for data protection lies with Gareth McClean, who is responsible for overseeing activities and ensuring this policy is upheld.
- All employees are responsible for observing this policy, and related procedures, in all areas of their work for Pipeline Solutions NI Ltd.
- Breaches of this policy may lead to disciplinary action.
3. Overall policy statement
- Pipeline Solutions NI Ltd needs to keep personal data about its employees and sub-contractors to carry out normal business activities.
- We will collect, store, use, amend, share, destroy or delete personal data only in ways which protect people’s privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant legislation.
- We will only collect, store and use the minimum amount of data that we need for clear purposes, and will not collect, store or use data we do not need.
- We will only collect, store, and use data for:
- Purposes for which the individual has given explicit consent, or
- Purposes that are in our organisation’s legitimate interests.
- We will provide individuals with details of the data we have about them when requested by the relevant individual.
- We will delete data if requested by the relevant individual, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
- We will endeavour to keep personal data up-to-date and accurate.
- We will store personal data securely.
- We will keep clear records of the purposes of collecting and holding specific data, to ensure it is only used for these purposes.
- We will not share data with third parties without the explicit consent of the relevant individual, unless legally required to do so.
- We will endeavour not to have data breaches. In the event of a data breach, we will endeavour to rectify the breach by getting any lost or shared data back. We will evaluate our processes and understand how to avoid it happening again. Serious data breaches will be reported to the individual concerned.
- To uphold this policy, we will maintain a set of data protection procedures for our employees to follow.
This policy will be reviewed every two years by management. Date: 12/10/2022